Baseball Safety & Wheelchair Access Project
The project focuses on addressing safety issues on the Valley’s only Little League field and upgrading wheelchair access to provide an inclusive opportunity for all residents to participate as spectators, coaches, or as players out on the field.
Critical health and safety issues so address
- Wood light poles that were installed in 1978 are rotting or are weakened by woodpecker holes
- Wood light poles are located inside the playing field and need to be moved outside of the field fence
- Backstop needs to be replaced due to significant health hazard
Access for families who live with disability
- Wheelchair access is poor and is a barrier to starting a Challenger League program
- Shade is needed for residents with disabilities who want to play or watch games.
- Replace wood light poles with metal poles and energy efficient lighting
- Reconfigure the field fencing so light poles can be moved outside of the playing field
- Replace homemade backstop with a new backstop
- Install concrete pads to make bleachers and dugouts wheelchair accessible
- Install shade structures to accommodate the needs of residents with disabilities
See the goals page for more details on upgrades.