Old Stage Park
Old Stage Park has a history that reaches back to the Oregon gold rush of 1851. Supplies were first brought into the region by pack train but in 1857 a road was constructed to bring supplies from the port town of Crescent City to the mining towns of Waldo, Kerbyville, and Jacksonville. Old Stage Park is where this road crossed the East Fork of the Illinois River. When automobiles first started coming into this area in the early 1900s, this wagon road was what they followed and Old Stage Park is where they crossed the river. The Old Stage Road and this crossing were used for almost 70 years until they were both were abandoned when Highway 199 was constructed in 1925.