Awards of $5,000 to youth (ages 8-18) who are working on an outstanding service project or have done so within the past year. You can get a better idea of the type of projects this foundation supports by going to the “meet the winners” link on the application guideline webpage.
Applications are accepted from individuals who have organized and lead their service work. The foundation does not accept applications from large groups of young people.
The cash award will be applied to the winners higher education or to their service project. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
1) Winners must have organized and led an extraordinary service activity which has clearly benefited other people or the planet.
- -The service activity must have been initiated and motivated primarily by the winner himself or herself.
- -The service activity cannot have been done solely to complete an assignment for school or work.
2) Winners must have:
- -Demonstrated positive spirit, courage, intelligence, generosity, and high moral purpose.
- -Shown initiative, tenacity, and unselfishness in pursuit of their goals.
- -Accomplished something with inspirational value—something that could inspire others to make a difference.
- -Done more than survive a difficult personal challenge. Their heroism must have made an impact on the world beyond themselves.
3) Winners may or may not have received recognition for their heroic work. Fame itself shall not have been a motivating factor.
Closing date: April 15, 2016
Grant size: $5,000
More info: see application guidelines
Did you know….
A Community Strategic Plan makes our community more competitive for grants. A new plan is currently being developed and you are encouraged to get your project ideas and concerns incorporated into the plan. A good place to start is by taking the community survey (see link below) and assure your friends do the same. A community meeting to discuss project ideas will be held at the Senior Center in Cave Junction on March 12 (Saturday) beginning at 9:30 and ending at 12:00. Everyone in the community is welcome to participate.
Get involved in changing the community’s future.
TAKE THE COMMUNITY SURVEY
THE SECOND SURVEY CLOSES MARCH 10